We seek innovative, impactful organizations aligned with our mission and values. They are data-driven and focused on achieving real outcomes. And finally, these organizations continue to innovate and identify more effective ways to strengthen their own organization and to serve our children in need.
What we fund:
- Organizations that are at least 3 years old and are recognized as a 501(c)(3) by the IRS
- Organizations that have hard data demonstrating strong results and proven impact
- Organizations that serve children from Kindergarten to 24 years in the United States. Priority goes to organizations serving children in the Bay Area of California.
We support organizations that serve under-resourced children, who through their indomitable positive spirit, determination, and work ethic, are able to rise above their struggles to create their own destiny.
Areas of Interest:
- K-12 Education
- Youth Development
- Career or Workforce Development
- Financial Literacy
- Digital/Blended Learning
- Youth Mentorship
What we do not fund:
- Organizations engaged in advocacy work or influencing public policy through lobbying
- International organizations or organizations serving children outside the US
- Research, studies, or think tanks
- Organizations creating “systemic” change rather than directly serving children
- Program areas: Disaster relief, environment, faith-based, health/medical, fitness/sports, the arts